generated effects, visualizations, and animations.
- More than 500 submissions
- 10% more content resulting in 8 hours of more content in Daytime Selects
- There are 104 pieces selected for the Computer Animation Festival this year
- The Electronic Theater is scheduled to show 33 pieces (18 of which are also screened in Daytime Selects)
- There are 89 pieces across 9 Daytime Select Categories which are:
- Advertising (18)
- Games (12)
- Demoscene (10)
- Shorts & Features (16)
- Traditional & Stopframe Animation (5)
- Student Films (12)
- Visual Effects (10)
- Music Videos (6)
These categories were developed to make it as easy as possible for the attendees to see the work that is most important to them since time is so valuable onsite. Thus planning on what to attend becomes far easier.
Want to have a taste of the films? Click below:
More Fun Facts:
- There were 239 student submissions and most were of exceptional caliber according to Smith.
- There was an international outreach for content, specifically selected entries were from:
- 16% from Asia
- 49% from Europe
- 3% from Middle East
- 4% from Australia/New Zealand
- There were award winners from Germany, Poland, and France
“Every piece in the festival has something that made it stand out from the 40 hours of content submitted for this year’s show,” says Jason RM Smith, SIGGRAPH 2013 Computer Animation Festival Chair. “There's no other venue in the world comparable to the Computer Animation Festival; each year we're honored by the amazing number of high-quality entries and every year the show grows. This year we're screening 10% more content; as the quality continues to improve it becomes increasingly difficult to select the best of the best."